Documents and other teaching tools prepared by professors for lectures and seminars (Power point presentations, reading lists and briefing materials, case-studies, sample of data sets, tools for self-evaluation, etc.) will be provided to attendant students and the general public:
A.y. 2017/2018 (additional to the Documentation of previous years)
- LAB on MEPs: session 1 & 2 (Slide presentation by Simone Cresti & Paolo Marzi)
- LAB NPs (Sabrina Cavatorto); the Revision of the Directive on the Posting of Workers: details here
- Crisis-induced policy change? (slide presentation by Sabrina Cavatorto)
- “Determinants of mass publics’ attitudes towards the EU in times of crisis”: List of topics for class discussion (with Prof. Paolo Belluci & Sabrina Cavatorto)
- LAB on public opinion: Session 1 & Session 2 (Dr. PhD Francesco Olmastroni)
- Seminar by Prof. Verzichelli & Dr. PhD Gianni del Panta: “Regime Change Democracy and Democratization“
- Tutorial Seminar 2018 (Introduction by Sabrina Cavatorto)
- “Analysing the Twittersphere: EU-saliency of national political leaders’ discourses”. What students found (Statements summary)
- Isernia & Angelucci presentation: “Who Could Politicize European Foreign and Security
Policy and Why?” (EUReACT Final Event)
- Cavatorto S. (2017) “Politicisation of the EU and the Parliamentary Arena: Italy in Times of Economic Crisis, Rivista Italiana di Politiche Pubbliche (RIPP), n. 1, pp. 137-168.
A.y. 2016/2017 (additional to the Documentation of previous years)
- Calendar 2017
- Class discussion: Exploring the EU, the “strange beast”?… (Introductory meetings with Sabrina Cavatorto)
- Democratic challenges facing the EU (Slide presentation by Sabrina Cavatorto)
- Re-Launching an institutional debate on The Future of the EU:
- Issues on European Elites and Democracy (Prof. Luca Verzichelli & Dr. Gianni Del Panta): slide presentation_1, slide presentation_2
- Self-evaluation questions on a recommended reading: Mair P. (2013) Ruling the Void, London, Verso, Ch. 4.
- Seminars about Democratization by Gianni Del Panta: slides_1, slides_2 & questions
- regional disparities in Europe and the role of EU regional policies (Prof. Mato Diaz F.J. University of Oviedo)
- The public’s image of the EU through the Eurobarometer data (Dr. Francesco Olmastroni)
- How deliberative consultation can help to address the crisis of legitimacy of the EU? (Dr. Francesco Olmastroni)
- Identity & European citizenship: are they linked? (Prof. Paolo Bellucci slide presentation)
- Blaming the EU during the Great recession (Prof. Paolo Bellucci slide presentation)
- LAB session on Public opinion survey data & the EU (Dr. Francesco Olmastroni & LAPS)
- Tutorial seminar Programme 2017 & Guidelines for data analysis
- Calendar 2016
- Modes of political representation in the EU: introductory slides
- Seminar session 1: List of topics and reading materials for working groups & class discussion
- In the preparation of the Tutorial Seminar: what Politicization for the EU?
- Students’ task dealing with EU-related issues on the Twittersphere
- The final version of the Tutorial seminar programme 2016
- Alba Ferreri‘s speech about EU policy frames in parliamentary debates: from theory to practice
- Issues about European elites by Prof. Verzichelli here
- Reading list on public opinion and the EU in the Great Recession (Prof. Bellucci)
- LAB on elites’ attitudes and behavior (Dr. Cresti)
- “Experiencing multilevel democracy”: slide presentation of the event (13 June 2016)
PUBLICATIONS & CONFERENCE PAPERS
- Cavatorto, S. (2017), Politicisation of the EU and the Parliamentary Arena: Italy in Times of Economic Crisis”, Rivista Italiana di Politiche Pubbliche, 1: 137-168.
- Olmastroni, F. & Pellegata A. (2018) Members apart: a mass-elite comparison of mutual perceptions and support for the EU in Germany and Italy”, Contemporary Italian Politics, 10 (1): 56-75.
- Basile, L. & Olmastroni F. (2017) Sharing the burden in a free riders’ land: The EU refugee policy in the views of public opinion and politicians, Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Italian Political Science
Association, September 14-16, Urbino, Italy.
- Del Panta, G. (2017), More Re-Authoritarianization than De-Democratization: Preliminary Notes on the Frequent Journey from One Autocracy to Another, Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Italian Political Science Association, September 14-16, Urbino, Italy.